Please note this position requires relocation to Yellowknife, NT
Working closely with the General Manager in supervising and guiding the Yellowknife Co-op in its’ financial matters. The Financial Administration Manager will initiate and direct effective controls and efficient procedures to assist Management in achieving sound administration of the Co-op’s operations. This position will also assist in the preparation of the Co-op’s financial statement in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures.
• Within the limits of approved programs, policies and procedures, has the following responsibilities.
• To assist in the preparation of the period financial statements for the Co-operative. To challenge department managers when negative financial variances occur and to assist them in correcting the variances.
• To organize, direct and co-ordinate the operations of the Administration department to ensure that costs are maintained within guidelines set by Management.
• To work closely with the General Manager to develop the policies and procedures of the Co-operative and to work closely with the department managers to ensure they are being implemented correctly.
• To develop and maintain an effective organization structure for the Administration department.
• To appoint and supervise immediate subordinates. To work with staff to develop work plans and complete regular appraisals based on the results achieved. To develop the training program for employees to enable them to progress.
• To assist department managers on methods and procedures for the proper handling of paperwork within their department. To periodically examine various paper flows to ascertain the quantity and value of the paperwork.
• To complete regular and surprise audits on each department.
• To assist the General Manager with Board-related responsibilities – meetings, correspondence, minutes
• To complete other duties as assigned.