Please note this position requires relocation to Yellowknife, NT
Benefits of working at Yellowknife Co-op include: a competitive salary, annual vacation, employer-matched pension plan, comprehensive group benefits plan, career development opportunities, and annual performance plan.
As the capital of the Northwest Territories, Yellowknife has a lot to offer, from shopping in upscale boutiques and fine dining in award-winning restaurants to almost unlimited recreational opportunities. Located on the shores of the Great Slave Lake, this vibrant and prosperous city is known for its midnight sun, aurora borealis and a unique blend of northern culture and bustling city living.
Yellowknife Co-op is a retail consumer co-operative that provides a fast paced, growth oriented work environment. Our team has a reputation for providing fair prices and the best customer service in the North. If you think you’ve got what it takes to work and play here, we’d like to hear from you today.
• Must be a journeyman meat cutter or have the equivalent meat training and experience or be part of an in store apprenticeship program.
• Must be knowledgeable in food preparation and handling.
• Must be physically able to:
o work overtime as required
o break down and reassemble all equipment in the department for sanitation purposes
o work with the hazards associated with the trade
o work performed in cold temperatures
• Manual dexterity required to use department equipment and peripherals
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide – math skills to ensure accuracy of all transactions, inventory and procedures
• Experience leading and motivating retail teams
• Driven to deliver superior service by exceeding customer expectations
• Able to work as a team player in a fast-paced, energetic environment
• Present a professional image in appearance, words and actions
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store opening and closings to meet the needs of the business
• Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft office software packages and e-mail.
If you do not currently reside in Yellowknife, this position could also include assistance with relocation.