Please note this position requires relocation to either Nunavut, Northwest Territories or Yukon.
Reporting to the Grocery Manager, the Produce Manager will manage all aspects of the produce section of the Fresh Department. Key accountabilities include maintaining pricing, stocking and rotation of merchandise, supervision, training and development of local staff, achieving specific financial performance targets of the department, and providing excellent customer service. A principal objective is to ensure that all the local staff are thoroughly trained in their areas of responsibility.
• Three to five years retail management experience in fresh operations.
• Knowledge and experience in a computerized environment, including the operation and administration of Point of Sale (POS) computer systems.
• Proficient in office software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
• Strong financial management skills including the ability to review and analyze financial statements.
• Ability to manage inventory levels, order stock and price products to achieve gross margin targets;
• Excellent people management skills including the ability to recruit, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, correct, develop, and increase staff performance in a cross-cultural environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to speak and write Inuktitut would be considered a definite asset.