Please note this position requires relocation to either Nunavut, Northwest Territories or Yukon.
This senior position is a management position that requires relocation to a community in either Nunavut, Northwest Territories or Yukon.
The compensation package for permanent GMs includes: competitive salary, bonus potential, subsidized housing, relocation assistance, Northern Living Allowance, annual vacation, Northern Travel Allowance, an employer-matched pension and a comprehensive group benefits plan.
(Dependent on need/skill set/experience level, there may be opportunities for Relief Management positions. These are offered at a contract level and the compensation package is not the same that is offered to permanent roles.)
• Minimum 5 years multipurpose management experience with strong emphasis on retail management (food and non-food);
• Knowledge of and experience in a computerized environment, including the operation and administration of a Point of Sale (POS) computer system;
• Strong financial management skills including the ability to review and analyze financial statements;
• Ability to efficiently manage inventory levels, order stock, and price products to achieve gross margin targets;
• Excellent people management skills including the ability to recruit, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, discipline, develop and increase staff performance in a cross-cultural environment;
• Good interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Proficient in office software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Internet, e-mail, etc.) MS Office preferred;