• Three to five years retail management experience in food and non-food operations.
• Knowledge and experience in a computerized environment, including the operation and administration of Point of Sale (POS) computer systems.
• Proficient in office software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
• Strong financial management skills including the ability to review and analyze financial statements.
• Ability to manage inventory levels, order stock and price products to achieve gross margin targets;
• Excellent people management skills including the ability to recruit, hire, train, motivate, evaluate, correct, develop, and increase staff performance in a cross-cultural environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to speak and write Inuktitut would be considered a definite asset.
• Experience and understanding of co-operatives and working with Boards of Directors would be an asset.